RED'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
On March 23rd, 2020, Red's Electric sent an email to all customers which outlined the company's response to COVID-19 and to Oregon Governor Kate Brown's "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order. Although times are uncertain and challenging, Red's continues to stay committed to their work as well as the health and safety of their employees and customers. Below are the guidelines Red's Electric is working under to comply with the governor's orders.
Overview of the Oregon State "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order:
All non-essential social and recreational gatherings of individuals are prohibited immediately, regardless of size, if a distance of at least six feet between individuals cannot be maintained. Gatherings of members of the same residential household are permitted.
The closing of businesses where close personal contact is difficult to avoid such as arcades, barber shops, hair salons, gyms and fitness studios, skating rinks, theaters, and yoga studios.
Businesses not closed by the order are required to implement social distancing policies in order to remain open and requires workplaces to implement teleworking and work-at-home options when possible.
Oregonians are directed to stay home whenever possible. Essential activities outside the home are permitted when appropriate social distancing is practiced and maintained.
Closures of playgrounds, sports courts, and skate parks, and other outdoor recreation facilities. Locations that remain open are required to strictly adhere to social distancing guidelines.
New guidelines for childcare facilities such as but not limited to: setting limits and rules on amounts of children allowed in care, and outlining that childcare groups may not change participants.
Failure to comply with the order will be considered an immediate danger to public health and is subject to a Class C misdemeanor.
Red’s Electric Company’s COVID-19 Operational Policy and Procedures
1. Maintain Social Distancing
· All employees to maintain a 6 foot separation at all times and places whether at their facility or on jobsites.
· One person allowed per vehicle and no shared vehicles.
· Employees encouraged to maintain social separation at home and minimize contact with others to protect themselves and the Red’s team.
2. Personal hygiene by all employees:
· All staff trained facilitated with hand hygiene, sneeze/cough etiquette to follow the following:
· Wash stations have been set up and employees will wash hands when arriving and departing
· Employees instructed to bring water jugs and we provide hand soap in trucks for use in field.
· Employees cover their noses and mouths with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
3. Employees who appear sick will be sent home:
· Employees encouraged to stay home if sick.
· Employees who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath, or temperature of 100.4°) will be evaluated to potentially sent home immediately.
· Employees sent home are encouraged to seek medical guidance.
4. Making changes to how we schedule our work
· We will reschedule work if anyone in the home has been sick (or showing any signs of illness), traveled on an airplane, or been diagnosed with COVID-19 or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the appointment.
· We have a designated safety manager on EVERY job site who is in charge of maintaining safety protocols (new and old)
· We will not go onto a job site where there is another trade – we must be the only trade on site.
· Doing as much virtually as we can (tele conferences, zoom meetings, FaceTime, virtual walk through, etc.)
Please reach out to us with any questions or concern's regarding your projects. We're here to help!